• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change Colour Profile

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to change the colour settings within InDesign so I can us my company's custom colours.

The colours work within Photoshop but not within InDesign.

#061ca8 is the colour I need.

Thank you

Will

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

That is a hexadecimal color value. To add this color to InDesign, go to Swatches> Add new swatch> Color mode> RGB> (insert the hex value at the bottom of the New Color Value panel). Note the yellow triangle is warning you that the color is out of the RGB color gamut. You can change the swatch to CMYK if needed.

If you are looking for a spot color (Pantone) equivalent for #061ca8, you could look for an on-line converter, although there might not be an exact match. Pantone Blue 072C might be close

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a hexadecimal color value. To add this color to InDesign, go to Swatches> Add new swatch> Color mode> RGB> (insert the hex value at the bottom of the New Color Value panel). Note the yellow triangle is warning you that the color is out of the RGB color gamut. You can change the swatch to CMYK if needed.

If you are looking for a spot color (Pantone) equivalent for #061ca8, you could look for an on-line converter, although there might not be an exact match. Pantone Blue 072C might be close, although your company might already have a specific Pantone color in use.

Add Hex color.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, the color appearance depends on the color modes and profiles matching, so make sure the document’s RGB profile assignments are the same in both apps, Edit>Assign Profiles... And, if you want to keep the RGB appearance, turn off Overprint Preview in InDesign and set the Transparency Blend Space to RGB—#061ca8 is outside the gamut of most CMYK print spaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines