• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change font in table

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I change the font in all cells of a table at once? Minion Pro is a horrible font and my client wants their brand font in every cell but it seems like I have to change each cell one by one. This is not efficient and I can't seem to figure out how to change the font for the entire table.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Hi @mikeklepper:

Learning to use styles is well worth the time investment. When you have time, you might opt to read about how to use them or watch a video to get up and running. In the meantime...

Select one or more cells with the Type tool and change the text properties of the selected cells. In my video, I am clicking on the top left corner of the table (see the diagonal arrow?) to select the entire table at one time. If the Contol panel isn't visible on your screen you can the use the Pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the paragraph style of the text in tables. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you be a little more specific, please? I'm not seeing these options. That's why I'm resorting to a forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with styles is very important. If you do not work and understand styles, any other help is not working. To work with InDesign you need several basic koncepts: document set up, pages, layers, text styles (paragraph and character styles) and master pages. If you do not know it yet, those are key words you find in the help files which are installed with InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mikeklepper:

Learning to use styles is well worth the time investment. When you have time, you might opt to read about how to use them or watch a video to get up and running. In the meantime...

Select one or more cells with the Type tool and change the text properties of the selected cells. In my video, I am clicking on the top left corner of the table (see the diagonal arrow?) to select the entire table at one time. If the Contol panel isn't visible on your screen you can the use the Properties panel on the right or show the Control panel with Window > Control.

~Barb

2024-07-29_09-22-39 (1).gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Barb. This is helpful. 

Sometimes you don't have time to take an hours long course when you just need a quick answer. I don't work with tables in InDesign that often so it's easy to forget a few details like this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paragraph styles are one of the most basic functions in InDesign. If you want to work with InDesign, yiou must mster it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One can also use the Cntl-Alt-A (Cmd-Opt-A) to select the entire table. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally get that, @mikeklepper. And as a trainer, I regularly observe my students remembering the arrow icon to select the table (or row or column) and then trying to use the Selection tool to select the table because it is also an arrow.

It takes a moment to remember you need the Type tool. And longer to make it part of our muscle memory.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines