Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

change of table size

Contributor ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there any way to increase the height of table up to the column guide?

or

Sould I increase the table frame?

Hosun

Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 7.37.10 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-12-13 at 7.41.42 PM.png

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Tables behave is kind of odd ways. If the table is wider than the frame it will extend outside the frame boundaries, but if it's taller it will break between rows. Changing the size of the text frame that contains a table will not affect the size of the at all.

You can move the table upwards by moving the top of the text frame higher on the page (but the whole table will move upward, the table won't change size) or you can remove wahtever is in the text pushing it below the top of the frame no

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

I can think of two reasons this could be happenig. Fiorst is there's something else in the cells above the text you can see (show hidden characters to check), or more likely, the top and or bottom inset values are set differntly for these two cells. Verrical justification works in the space between the insets which act just like page margins inside the cell.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tables behave is kind of odd ways. If the table is wider than the frame it will extend outside the frame boundaries, but if it's taller it will break between rows. Changing the size of the text frame that contains a table will not affect the size of the at all.

You can move the table upwards by moving the top of the text frame higher on the page (but the whole table will move upward, the table won't change size) or you can remove wahtever is in the text pushing it below the top of the frame now. Without seeing invisible characters I can only guess there is an empty paragraph above the table.

If your goal is to make the entire table take up more space on the page the only ways you can do that is to increase the heights of the rows and the widths of the columns or to put the table into a new frame by itself aand achor that frame into your text as an anchored object, then scale that. I have not tested the anchoring method and I'm not certain it will work but creating a new dcoument for the table and palcing that as an achored image probably would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just moved up and down the table frame and got what I expected.

I have another question.

There are two cells, both of which are aligend right and center.

But they don't look aligned.

Is there any way to make them aligned?

Hosun

resultresultcell 1cell 1cell 2cell 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can think of two reasons this could be happenig. Fiorst is there's something else in the cells above the text you can see (show hidden characters to check), or more likely, the top and or bottom inset values are set differntly for these two cells. Verrical justification works in the space between the insets which act just like page margins inside the cell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a difference in top cell inset value.

Hosun

cell 1cell 1cell 2cell 2resultresult

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's a third possibility I forgot, in case anyone finds this thread later. Text could also be set to align to the baseline grid, which would override and vertical alignment or leading values, and could also lead to pverset text in a cell if there is no gridline within the insets of a cell for alignment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines