Guide ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know some designers that may not like this change. If it applies retroactively anyway (as in previous installations of say CC2014 or whatever are removed without consent). But then, I don't know what "Going forward...direct access" means.

Thanks for the link.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify Mike, there are two exceptions to this change to the Creative Cloud applications:

1. We can only use the current version of Acrobat, and
  2. We can use the last five versions of InDesign.

Beginning on May 8 of 2019, Creative Cloud (CC) subscribers are allowed to install the current version of InDesign (InDesign 2019, v14) and the prior version (InDesign CC 2018, v13) through the Creative Cloud desktop app.

If you would like to install InDesign CC 2017 (v12), InDesign CC 2015 (v11) or InDesign CC 2014 (v10) please contact the support team at Contact Customer Care so that a download link for the that version of InDesign can be provided.

If someone wants to use CS6 (v8), they need to use their perpetual license. The CC version of CS6 (v9) is no longer authorized.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Barb. That information seems to expand on the Blog where it clearly doesn't include that information (excepting one's IT department which is me).

Whew! I don't need CC often, but when I do I most often need various past versions where certain plug-ins are needed but not updated anymore. I hope this procedure of contacting Adobe for previous CC versions goes both quick & smoothly.

Again, thanks. Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb, I can only see my latest version CC2019 (14.0 and 14.0.1), but no CC2018. I have CC2018 (v13.1) installed already, but it doesn't give me any prior version listed like v13.0. I don't want to delete it to see what happens but it would be a nightmare if you can't get at least easy access to the prior version. When doing a big document, you don't want to switch in the middle of it to the next version, but on the other hand, if you want to start new project on the new version, you need both installed, so if it can't be done easily, this will become very messy very quickly. We still use CC2014 for one client because of one plugin (blacklining) which only runs on that version, the developper seams to be IMA so no possibility to update it.

I hope I won't have a machine crash and have to reinstall Adobe software! This is NOT good for IT people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have an alternative to (Blacklining), EditMarks,

EditMarks - Kerntiff Publishing Systems

Not the same as the Blacklining, but pretty close. It works in  CS6 to CC 2019, Mac and Windows.

P.

Edited

To say Blacklining not blackening ( Spell check Eh! )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pickory,

We are looking into transitionning to another vendor, but not easy to get the client on board on this one. We have more test to do but EditMarks was the one we were looking into. Hopefully, we won't need CC2014 for next year's report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff:

I get that this is a PITA. To install InDesign CC 2017 (v12), InDesign CC 2015 (v11) or InDesign CC 2014 (v10) please contact the support team at Contact Customer Care so that a download link for the that version of InDesign can be provided, and last I checked, the installers were still on the https://prodesigntools.com/ site.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb,

note that Jeff will not see InDesign CC 2018 at all with the CC Desktop App. Just InDesign CC 2019 with versions 14.0.2 and 14.0.1. That should be a bug, I think.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb, I have tried to install on a Parallel's virtual machine (macOS 10.13.6), InDesign CC 2014 from prodesigntool's site and ID keeps crashing. Since I already have it on my Mac and don't want to erase it to verify that it works, I wanted to test it on the VM. So I don't know if it's the VM or something is wrong with the installer. This is on a brand new install of the OS with nothing else, so not sure what would cause ID to crash.

The other problem as Use was highlighting, is that on my main machine (not the VM) I have ID CC 2014, 2018 and 2019 installed, but when I go to check Older version I can install, I only see CC 2019 14.01 and 14.0, no 13.0 or any version of CC 2018, which was stated I was suppose to see. This is happening on both my iMac and MacBook Pro and all my colleagues machine also. We have a team subscription if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JeffArdoise  wrote

.. I have tried to install on a Parallel's virtual machine (macOS 10.13.6), InDesign CC 2014 from prodesigntool's site and ID keeps crashing.

How much RAM does your computer have?

When Windows is run on a virtual machine like Parallels, most of your RAM is allocated to the Mac OS and only a smaller portion is given to running Windows and InDesign/Win.

It's tough to run Windows 10 and InDesign with less than 8 GB of dedicated RAM, so if you use Parallels, you might need 16 GB RAM on the computer to leave enough for Windows and InDesign to run.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bevi, the virtual machine is a macOS High Sierra, so not Windows and I had put 8 GB of RAM, so plenty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines