Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing window size on the screen

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

With the last update 18.1 I've been having a huge problem with using the lower right hand corner of the window to resize it. It goes crazy and won't resize easily. It is so frustrating. It moves upward and downward at the same time. Why is it that basic things need to be changed!!! I have work to do without having to take time to figure this out. Anyone else having this problem?

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Nothing has been changed in InDesign's windowing interface in 18.1. If this happens with all your files, I suggest you restore your InDesign preferences and caches:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has been changed in InDesign's windowing interface in 18.1. If this happens with all your files, I suggest you restore your InDesign preferences and caches:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve! That worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

A year and and a few weeks after this thread was started, with the recent change (for me) of going from ID 2022 to ID 2023 and then ID 2024, I started having, and continue to have, the same problem that sloomis discribed.

I have followed the steps suggested in the link that Steve posted and the troubles did not go away: clicking without moving, with the cursor in the lower right corner of the window, results in the window first jumping full screen, then belatedly responding to my moving the cursor up and to the left. The window resize control location is never coordinated with the actual location of the cursor.

Any further insights/suggestions would be appreciated. Happy to answer any questions that might help resolve the troubles.

Thanks and cheers,

gsb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @gs bredehoft,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry for the trouble. Would you mind creating a short video describing the issue and sharing it with us? Does that happen with all files? Please share the details of your operating system and the version of InDesign installed on your machine.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for your reply and offer for investigation…

MacOS Ventura 13.6.4 running on a 2019 Mac Pro with 160GB RAM. Two monitors, Apple Pro Display XDR and Apple LED Cinema Display. Wacom tablet, but same results using a mouse.

Happens with all documents. New, empty, document is shown in video.

Attached video is running ID 2024. Same results on ID 2023.

thanks and cheers,

gsb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello HARSHIKA_VERMA…

You offered some help if I provided a short video of the issue. I did. Nothing more?

thanks and cheers,

gsb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines