Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Checkboxes not working on mobile

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I created a form with checkboxes. When I export the file and open the PDF in Windows on my computer, the checkboxes are working as they should (showing a check when ticked). However, when I open the PDF on mobile using Adobe Acrobat, the checkboxes don't show a 'check' when I tick them. 

Does anyone know what's going wrong here? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Hi @RdL91 

Your checkboxes work for me using Acrobat Reader for Mobile on my iPad.

`~ Jane

FE52E54F-AE6F-417E-BF18-6B1F38C43A5E.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

A lot of functionality is often lost if you don't open the PDF directly using Acrobat for mobile (or desktop for that matter). Opening the file in a browser or using the PDF reader in iOS often will not work correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @RdL91 

Your checkboxes work for me using Acrobat Reader for Mobile on my iPad.

`~ Jane

FE52E54F-AE6F-417E-BF18-6B1F38C43A5E.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for checking and replying!

I checked again and now notice that it works when I directly open the PDF, but it does not work when I save the PDF on my phone and then open it. Maybe some interactive functionality goes lost when I save it on my phone or something..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Check to see if you are opening the PDF with the Adobe Reader or with the PDF Reader that comes with your phone. You may have Reader installed, but the PDF is opening in the the Reader that is pre-installed with your phone. 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of functionality is often lost if you don't open the PDF directly using Acrobat for mobile (or desktop for that matter). Opening the file in a browser or using the PDF reader in iOS often will not work correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post was made many years ago now. Becuase more people use "mobile" devices that they do their other devices, why has this issue not been fixed? 

If it has please someone point me in the direction of answer for that. All I am reading is that this won't work. 

I made an intake form it has check boxes and radio buttons, neither are working yet every other box shows up pand is working. Yes, I had to download the file from the webiste that I posted the form on. (healthhouse.ca) it's just a simple intake form for possible customers. 

What is the work around for this??? yes no box?? text box which seems silly becuase then they need to type "x" - seriously. come on Adobe, your better than this. I know there is some very smart folks out there that have found how to do this and have it work on their mobile device. 

Please share how to do this correctly today in 2024! 

Thanks, 

Jenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rob35259323ywyz 

Please show a screenshot of the form in Adobe Acrobat Reader for Mobile on your mobile device.

janee_1-1707156225772.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing has changed at all. Any changes have made things worse because there are now countless third party reader apps and devices.

I've reached a point where I can no longer recommend even trying to distribute PDF forms if you can't control the means of them being read. Instead, create a proper web form or use a Google or Microsoft Form which will work in any modern browser.

Microsoft Forms (office.com)

Google Forms

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines