Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chinese Language Version of InDesign Missing 'Snap to Grid' Feature

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2024 Aug 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there

I've been teaching University students some InDesign layout basics and noticed the students with Chinese language versions of InDesign don't appear to have any Snap to Baseline features. Or, at least, there are no options appearing in the Paragraph or Paragraph Styles palettes. Has anyone else encountered this and is there a way to get them to appear? Any advice appreciated.

<Title renamed by MOD>

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2024 Aug 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @michael,

Thank you for reaching out and for your dedication to teaching InDesign to your students. I understand how concerning it can be when essential features like "Snap to Baseline" don't appear as expected. 

To assist you better, could you please provide a bit more information? Specifically:
- Which version of InDesign are the students using?
- What operating system are they on?
- If possible, could you share a screenshot of the Paragraph or Paragraph Styles panels where the option seems to be missing?

In the meantime, I’d suggest checking if the language settings or UI preferences are affecting the visibility of certain options. Sometimes, resetting preferences can help. Reference: Set preferences in Adobe InDesign

Additionally, please go through the reference article regarding grids here: Use grids in Adobe InDesign

We're here to help, so please feel free to share any additional details.

Thank you,  
Abhishek Rao  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines