• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clickable table of contents

Enthusiast ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! I've managed to use InDesign for years now without needing to figure out how to automatically generate a table of contents. But now I need to. So... I've seen how to create the table of contents. And I've know how to create hyperlinks to go to specific pages. But I can't figure out how to generate both at once. Is there a way? Or is it just a 2-step process? I want to have a table of contents that is updated whenever I add or remove pages. AND I want that table of contents to be clickable... so it can take you to those pages. It seems like it should all be created at once. But maybe not? Thanks for any input you can give me. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

In the ToC generator dialog box, click More Options, and see near the bottom you can check ON the box labeled "Create PDF Bookmarks" and I usually also include "Make Text Anchor In Source Paragraph"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the ToC generator dialog box, click More Options, and see near the bottom you can check ON the box labeled "Create PDF Bookmarks" and I usually also include "Make Text Anchor In Source Paragraph"

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I knew I was making it way more complicated that it should be. LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines