• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud storage

Contributor ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies at the outset if this isn't the correct forum to post this question. I really need some advice on choosing finding a cloud storage solution. I've just experienced the 'death' of another external hard drive and have decided to join the 21st century and back-up to the cloud but have no idea about which is the best type of service. It will be mostly InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop files compiled in job folders. If anyone has any thoughts on this I'd greatly appreciate the advice.

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

If you're not going to use an automated backup solution (e.g. — you're going to move files back and forth yourself) the "big five" I'd consider are:

Creative Cloud Files

Microsoft OneDrive

Apple iCloud

Dropbox

Box

There are others, of course. But Creative Cloud Files is free with Adobe Creative Cloud, OneDrive is free with MSOffice, iCloud is a free benefit when you register your first Apple device, and Dropbox and Box are perhaps the two widely used options for the general business communit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

I like free--or at least no extra cost...

You will need to check our Adobe CC amount which can vary depending on your plan. Open your Creative Cloud app and click the little cloud icon.

image.png

As Randy mentioned, if you subscribe to Microsoft 365, you get a TB of storage. (You can log into one enterprise account and one personal account for a total of 2 TB.)

Google Drive give you 15 GB of storage, but you can log into multiple accounts depending on how many emails you have.

I also have Dropbox

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're not going to use an automated backup solution (e.g. — you're going to move files back and forth yourself) the "big five" I'd consider are:

Creative Cloud Files

Microsoft OneDrive

Apple iCloud

Dropbox

Box

There are others, of course. But Creative Cloud Files is free with Adobe Creative Cloud, OneDrive is free with MSOffice, iCloud is a free benefit when you register your first Apple device, and Dropbox and Box are perhaps the two widely used options for the general business community. All have good-sized free accounts, with more space available for nominal prices.

If you want to automate backup, I'd suggest Carbonite or iBackup for reasonably priced cloud backup solutions. The price is a bit higher, but the backup process is automated to make things easier on you.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like free--or at least no extra cost...

You will need to check our Adobe CC amount which can vary depending on your plan. Open your Creative Cloud app and click the little cloud icon.

image.png

As Randy mentioned, if you subscribe to Microsoft 365, you get a TB of storage. (You can log into one enterprise account and one personal account for a total of 2 TB.)

Google Drive give you 15 GB of storage, but you can log into multiple accounts depending on how many emails you have.

I also have Dropbox and Box but use those for small documents. (Each one of my storage systems has a particular purpose.)

I don't use iCloud for anything but email storage.

I used to have a commercial cloud backup but decided I didn't need to spend the extra money for something I'm already paying for.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll definitley look up Microsoft 365 which I've got an account for. I need at least 1-2 Tb.

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's fantastic Randy. Greatly appeciated. I struggle with this type of thing so you're explanation is very clear.

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like Tom's Guide as a primer when it comes to explaining the pros and cons of each of these services:

https://www.tomsguide.com/best-picks/best-cloud-backup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll have a look at that website. 

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to everyone. Ive just started using OneDrive and can't believe how fast folders upload. Am putting dodgy external drives behind me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines