• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cmd+M no longer minimises main window

Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why Cmd+M no longer minimises the main InDesign window? It works when I have a project open, but when it's just the home page window Cmd+M doesn't work. Pretty annoying problem and I'm sure it used to work. I've checked the keyboard shortcuts and minimise window is set as Cmd+M.

Cheers,

Rob

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're working with InDesign 2021 (current version) on macOS, it works the same for me. It's grayed (unavailable) except for an open file.

But I tested and it works the same with InDesign 2020.

What version of InDesign and what version of macOS do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply and sorry I've not responded sooner. I'm now running ID 2022 and this issue is still not fixed! I've posted just now regarding another keyboard shortcut issue (SHIFT + ALT + CMD + P not bringing up the packaging dialogue) so hopefully someone will chime in with an answer!

Cheers,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when you posted this over a year ago, I believe I missed this part of what you said, "when it's just the home page window Cmd+M doesn't work."

You're correct, when in the Home window, InDesign does not minimize. Cmd-M is the shortcut for Window > Arrange > Minimize. This refers to a document window. ONLY a document window (meaning a working file) can be minimized. The entire InDesign document cannot be minimized.

Instead, I'd use the command InDesign > Hide InDesign (shortcut: Cmd-H) to hide the InDesign application instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve,

I wonder if this is something that can be added to InDesign, as in both Photoshop and Illustrator I can use CMD + M to minimise the application window with no document open. I'm sure this used to work maybe one or two versions ago. I'll try using CMD + H in the meantime.

Thanks,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines