• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color matching to HP color laserjet

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any hope to make this happen? I've tried every combination of print settings but nothing comes close to the proper colors.

Here is my setup:

OS 10.6.8 (also gave it a try on 10.7.3 with same results)

latest HP drivers from Apple

Indesign CS5

custom cmyk profile that works great with our commercial printers

cmyk print project

HP CP5225dn color laserjet

Before we were printing to an expensive Minolta color copier/all-in-one with an optional print server attached that produced relatively good color results. The new HP output is very poor, the blacks are way too heavy and losing detail in anything even a little dark, dark reds are blown out to neon red, browns are amped up to neon red and yellow, subtle purples are neon cyan.

I've tried the suggestions from HP to let the printer handle color managment in the printer options setup, and every combination of setting in the Indesign print settings. They all print the exact same results, with the only variation being extremely dark or just very dark.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an updated dropbox link for your color profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed you just posted this yesterday! I'm also having  issues with HP 5225, where it will not print purple (always ends up blue) although reds print a bit more magenta.

I never thought to use the ColorMunki profiler we use on our Epson printers.  I will give it a go and post our profile, but I would not be surprised it each printer needs a slightly different profile (that's why ColorMunki is so useful).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just read your post and hoped your color profile would solve my problem of way too dark images and lack of color. But the Dropbox link needs an update 🙂 Do you have new dropbox link for your color profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is 8 years old, so you might want to create a new post with details on your printer, OS and ID version.

Manufacturers usually provide output profiles for their printers, but they often don’t get installed in the system profiles folder so they are not available in the InDesign Print dialog. You typically choose them from the OS Print dialog’s Print Settings under Media Type (InDesign>Print>Printer>Print Settings). A Media Type would be an .icc profile for the printer and paper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let us start by installing the output tray

1. Place the printer on the output tray and you can start aligning all the corners of the printer rear
  2. You can also pull the tab and the initial extension peels out
  3. Now you have to open the input extension of the tray’s output
  4. After this, close down the output tray
  5. Open the package wrap to unveil and take away the printer as well
  6. Then you are required to place the wrap and place the device in a right position

Just visit our blog HP Tango Terra Printer Setup or call our support number +1-800-237-0201

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines