• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Overlaying in InDesign. Is it too much to ask?

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

is there a simple way to change a .png color (for example, of a monochromatic logo) in InDesign? Why am I forced everytime to open Photoshop for something that is so simple?

P.S. Why is InDesign so twisted that lets me put an inner shadow that is way more complicated than color overlaying?

P.P.S. No, if I double click on the picture and then go to Color it doesn't let me change the color of it.

Dear Adobe Team, please, put a Color Overlay function in the fx. Please.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi damianom61035688,

if you had a TIFF or a JPEG file format and the color was converted to Grayscale mode in PhotoShop, you could simply recolor the image in InDesign. Also if you had converted the grayscale to bitmap 1-Bit mode. Test both variants. Important: the grayscale pixels should belong to a background layer in PhotoShop.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

.P.S. No, if I double click on the picture and then go to Color it doesn't let me change the color of it.

Hi @damianom61035688 , As Uwe suggests your image has to be Grayscale Mode with a background that has no transparency, or Bitmap Mode, in order to apply a color. With Bitmap Mode, the white pixels can be set to [None] and will appear as transparent.

To illustrate Uwe’s post here is a high resolution Black and White PSD (Bitmap Mode):

The Bitmap image Direct Selected with the [Black] swatch applied

Screen Shot 4.png

The image’s parent container selected with [None] applied

Screen Shot 5.png

The image Direct Selected with Blue applied

Screen Shot 6.png

If the mode is Grayscale the white pixels cannot be set to [None]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines