• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color space preflight error

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using InDesign 2024 v19.2 and came across an error with a preflight profile that I use. One of the settings in the preflight profile is set to flag anything using the RGB color space.

I have not had any issues with previous versions of InDesign but with CC 2024 I get preflight errors for any file that is open, including a new file with no color swatches (other than the colors that cannot be removed).

This is what the preflight panel looks like:

Screenshot 2024-06-14 at 11.01.48.png

The "fix" doesn't apply because the file has no swatches other than Paper, Black and Registration, which cannot be edited or deleted. 

Is this a known issue? Does anyone know how to fix this? I've tried changing the color workspace and nothing settings will fix the issue.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Thank you, Rob, for taking time to look at this. After more testing, I found that a custom plugin is creating the color space warnings. The plugin was just updated for 2024 so that explains why the error wasn't showing in earlier versions.

Hope I didn't take up too much of your time. Thanks again for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @davidb47479670 , Can you share the ID file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached is an empty ID file.

The ID file is basically a new file with no content. The only thing I did was remove unused swatches. The Color Space preflight profile is embedded because I'm unable to upload a idpp file.

The preflight profile is only looking for RGB colors and that is what is causing the error. I'm not sure where the error there should be nothing to cause the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @davidb47479670 , Not seeing the problem here on CC2024 on MacOS Ventura. Have you tried clearing your ID Caches, and if that doesn’t work resetting your Preferences?

Screen Shot 14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Rob, for taking time to look at this. After more testing, I found that a custom plugin is creating the color space warnings. The plugin was just updated for 2024 so that explains why the error wasn't showing in earlier versions.

Hope I didn't take up too much of your time. Thanks again for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines