Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Commands

Participant ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm here again because the problem with InDesign persists.
I reset preferences and cashes.
I reinstalled InDesign.
For a while, everything seems to be working properly. Then the trouble starts again.
E.g. - when working with the Table I want to merge cells, in the drop-down menu I click on the command Merge cells and - NOTHING happens. Again - the Print window opens. Again - switch to Safari and open adobe.com.
I'm, to put it mildly, disappointed. I have been paying for monthly for Adobe for many years. It's not a little money. Actually, it's a lot of money. I've been working very hard lately and this is holding me back very, very, very hard.

(CC 2022, iMAC 2019, macOS Monterey 12.2.1)

M

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, cca 156 GB free space (of 500 GB).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 GHz 6-kernel Intel Core i5 SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be worth uninstalling InDesign using the Adobe Cleaner Tool and reinstalling the application again.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it according to the instructions.
It's still the same. Commands do not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to see if your video card driver is up to date. Also on Mac you should be able to disable InDesigns use of the GPU. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly there's something else going on here - there must be a 3rd party app or something interfering with the normal operation of the program.

It's clearly not common or the forum would be flooded with similar issues - and this is the first I have ever ever heard of this in 25 years.

What you can do to eliminate any bug it 'might' be with InDesign is to start a new User account on your computer.

Install InDesign there and see if the issue persists.

If it doesn't - then you can uninstall indesign from there - and remove that user account.

Go back to your original account.

See what programs/apps that might be interfering with InDesign

Any updates or new installations?

Any new peripherals? 

Any updates/changes done recently?

Sorry - you'll have to dig into your system to find the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any plugin in indd. It's constantly updated, macOS too. No peripherals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, now I realize I have Pantone Connect in Indd.
Otherwise no plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried removing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I updated macOS to Monterey 12.3 (the day before yesterday, I think). And so far the mentioned problems do not occur.
If it starts again, I'll try to throw out that Pantone plugin.
By the way, Pantone in Adobe have been out of date for a long time and now Pantone Connect is already paid for. This is not entirely fair, especially from Adobe. We pay a lot for usage, and one of the basic needs of graphic designers is very outdated.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe and Pantone are two different companies.

Pantone Connect is the way things will likely go - and there's nothing Adobe can do about it.

https://creativepro.com/pantone-color-libraries-are-leaving-the-adobe-apps/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course I know about that. I point out that the Pantone swatches contained in Adobe are very outdated, out of date. So unfortunately I have to pay extra for Pantone Connect. I understand it's Pantone's business strategy, there's nothing you can do. So even Adobe probably can't update swatches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's up to you to update. You buy the pantone books physically and the inside cover has the links and information to download the swatches.

Adobe do ship some pantone swatches but the onus is not on Adobe to provide these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to have peripherals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using any font management plugins, such as SuitCase? Or any other plugin?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, now I realize I have Pantone Connect in Indd.
Otherwise no plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines