• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content Disappearing in Preview Mode

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into a major issue with InDesign and have yet to find a solution. While I'll keep digging, I want to post here with everything I've tried to solve this problem and have had zero success with.

I am working from a template file creating a series of workbooks and have at this point made about 20 from the same template file. All of a sudden, when I enter any viewing mode that isn't Normal, content on one single master page completely disappears, leaving only the bounding box behind. All other pages function fine, and going back into all previous documents made from this template file does not produce this issue. In opening the original version of the template file, it does appear to be an issue in the template now, as well.

1.PNG

2.PNG

• When I delete all the content on the page and copy and paste it from a previous version where the issue does not occur, it simply disappears in Preview mode as before.
  • Using the Attributes panel, Non-Printing is de-selected on all objects.
  • My layer options also do not appear to be Non-Printing.
  • Exporting to IDML reveals nothing and the issue persists.

Again, I will keep searching for a solution, but if anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm relatively new to InDesign and entirely self-taught, so layman's explanations to solutions would be helpful. Specifically if there's a step I'm missing in trying to solve the issue with an IDML export.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

I found my solution. I had two sets of layers. One on the correct printing layer and one in the frames layer. The frames layer seemed to cancel out what was on the printing layer. When I made my frames layer visible, everything went back to normal, so I just deleted the duplicates and got the document working again.

That said, if you're a visual person like me, double click your layer group in InDesign to get the Layer Options dialog panel and be sure the Print Layer box is selected.

visual.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could this be my problem? It's almost as if the object has been turned into a frame, but I have no idea how this happened or how to fix this if that is the case.

4.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is happening to me too.  i found that make an idml file cleared that issue. however, it keeps happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found my solution. I had two sets of layers. One on the correct printing layer and one in the frames layer. The frames layer seemed to cancel out what was on the printing layer. When I made my frames layer visible, everything went back to normal, so I just deleted the duplicates and got the document working again.

That said, if you're a visual person like me, double click your layer group in InDesign to get the Layer Options dialog panel and be sure the Print Layer box is selected.

visual.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

saving this for next time. lets see if it happens again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS I AM BURNING THE MIDNIGHT OIL ON A FREELANCE PROJECT AND THIS WAS DRIVING ME INSANE ALMOST TO TEARS. LIFESAVER!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines