• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Continuous spinning wheel in InDesign 2022

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a spinning wheel every time I try to do anytging in InDesign. I have just updated the software and its taking me forever to do any design with the continuous spinning wheel. The preferences were all new with the new install so it cant be that. Please can you help!!!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System specs please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Big Sur

version 11.5.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RAM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i3

16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. I'm on Monterray, with InDesign 2022. I cannot open any file from a folder. And if I open from InDesign, it spins and becomes unresponsive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

carries40253935_0-1635862445999.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the files stored locally? If they're in a cloud storage folder make sure that there's no smart sync features turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Spinning wheel every time I open InDesign 2022. The file I'm working in (a newsletter) opens, but I can't do anything in it. 

Mac OS Big Sur

Version 11.6.1

Mac mini

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recommended minimum RAM is 16GB. Make sure you're not running anything besides InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are on a internal server for our company. No cloud-based syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I make sure there is no smart sync features turned on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends on the service you're using. For Dropbox:

2021-11-03_7-00-53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why has this got anything to do with Dropbox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me crazy. I cant work I cant get anything done! Why does Adobe, whom I pay a lot of money to every month not have a servive where I can call someone to help me?????????

Terrible terrible service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I can’t open InDesign (2021 or 2022) or Illustrator (2021).

When I open the programs, the fan of my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015, Big Sur) goes crazy. 

Photoshop 2021 works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me crazy. I cant work I cant get anything done! Why does Adobe, whom I pay a lot of money to every month not have a servive where I can call someone to help me?????????

Terrible terrible service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use a font manager?

I use Rightfont and had to disable Auto Activation for InDesign due to spinning wheel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Font book. It's Preferences dont give me an option to disable Auto Activation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 10.20.13 AM.png

I'm having the same problems. I haven't been able to do anything at all. File opens and immediately starts spinning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your experiences. I would like to know if the steps suggested above by @Manan Joshi @Derek Cross & @Eugene Tyson worked for you? If not, I would request you to share a few more details like:

• Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • Where are the files and links saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Please check if storing files & links locally on devices resolves the issue. (InDesign is a resource-intensive application, requiring more RAM and hard disk space than most other day-to-day applications we use. While you can use InDesign files from networks and removable media, you can compromise the performance and reliability of the application. For example, InDesign reads and writes file data while you work on a file. Therefore, the access speed of the disk containing the file & links determines how quickly Indesign can process the data. Internal hard disks have faster access speeds than network servers (a hard disk accessed over a network) or removable media.)
  • Please check if turning off the internet help resolve the issue?
  • Are you using TimeMachine? If yes, please check if turning it off/ disabling it help resolve the issue?
  • Please check if turning off preflight  (Window > Output > Preflight > Deselect the checkbox) help resolve the issue?
         Anshul_Saini_0-1637016286076.png
  • Please try different Display options (View > Display Performance) in InDesign. I recommended working on Typical Display.
  • Please try turning off GPU performance from InDesign preferences (cmd + k > GPU Performance > uncheck GPU Performance and see if that helps?

We will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bottom line is that we use InDesign for work. I personally do not have time to trouble shoot this app every time Adobe makes a tweak which feels like every other day. I have been using Adobe products for two decades and have always loved them until recently.

I have not been able to open InDesign since I downloaded the newest version. I have no other older versions to work from because Adobe has taken away that option.

I can't even get to the InDesign preferences because all I get is a spinning wheel (unless there is a trick I'm missing).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No InDesign version. No O/S version. No system specs. We can't even guess what to advise unless you provide that information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 3.42.08 PM.png

 Understood. Specs above...I cannot upgrade my operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines