• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Control panel items switched from left to right (Indesign CC 2017)

Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that the items in my control panel have switched sides. The Font control items, etc used to be on the left side, and the Paragraph control items used to be on the right, and suddenly switched positions after I relaunched the app yesterday. Also, all of the items I normally show in the control panel are not visible unless I extend the window to almost the full width of my 27" monitor.

Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 2.44.45 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

If you click the Character formatting controls button (A) to the far left of your Control panel, the Character formatting features will come first followed by the Paragraph formatting feature. Right now the Paragraph formatting Controls (¶) button is highlighted, so Paragraph formatting controls are coming first.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click the Character formatting controls button (A) to the far left of your Control panel, the Character formatting features will come first followed by the Paragraph formatting feature. Right now the Paragraph formatting Controls (¶) button is highlighted, so Paragraph formatting controls are coming first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff. Genius! Must've clicked the Para marker by mistake. What a head scratcher! Shoulda figured this one out myself!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're quite welcome! Happy to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be a comment floating around in another thread. But I have noticed a significant alteration to the Control Panel settings in the last few CC 2018 updates for InDesign. Primarily in this case the Control Panel no longer displays several of the tools that made it useful to Fit Content to Frame or vice versa. And also as this thread indicates. The P properties used to appear on the Left/Right depending on which was selected. Charater or Paragraph. Now it seems its either or and having to switch back and forth instead of them displaying across the top Control Panel. Also, the Control Panel has a Left Responsiveness meaning when I reduce the size of the window. At half my screen (30" iMac DT) it vanishes because the right half is blank toolbar space.

Does anyone know if this is just a bug or are they trying to get us to use shortcut keys and the new updated Properties Panel. Which would be great if the Properties panel still had some of the features that the Control Panel used to have for everything.

Thanks. Hope thats clear. Its been a bit frustrating working in ID the past few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines