• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting this to a jpeg

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image on left is how I see this page on my Indesign layout.   But the image on the right shows how the jpeg turns out, Something is covering over  the image with with white rectangle shapes.  What I can I do to fix this?Screenshot 2024-06-16 150533.jpgbobo and the birdies book12.jpg

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any random/stray/masking shapes in those areas, perhaps on a different layer? Is thi spage composed of more than one or two images plus the text box?

Have you tried exporting to, say, PDF to see if the content all appears? Or to a different reslolution of JPEG?

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.1 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• What is the original file type?
  • why do you want to use a jpg?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Amazon's Kindle Kid's book creator.   I plan to make an ebook to sell along with my physical printed copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Original files types are PDF CMYK's.  The kindle maker said they need to be RGB jpegs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export directly from the PDFs to JPEG and place those if needed.

Kindle's tools are... idiosyncratic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export as PDF/X-4, open that in Photoshop and export from there to JPGs. That guarantees a better quality. 

Or export as PDF/X-4 and export as single pages. Go to BRIDGE an run a Workflow to converts all files you select to JPGs. This is the fastest way. 

But anyway, converting RGB to CMYK or the other way round is always reducing color quality. The question is, why you used CMYK images on the first place. The common recommendation is to use RGB images and CMYK vector graphics in InDesign. If the drawings are vectors, it is ok. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used CMYK for converting to physical print copies.  All my images in my Indesign book file are cmyk, but if I have to, I'll just reenter each image with original RGB versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still a little unclear on your overall workflow here. However you did a print book, it's completely separate from doing an e-book version using KDP's tool, so you can't really repurpose or reuse much from the print layout.

All you need are composed page images in JPEG format, RGB color space, for each page of the book in the book builder. Don't try to jump through too many hoops getting from the one format to the other; just export each page directly to the JPEG format from InDesign and you should be pretty much done. If you already have page images, use Photoshop to convert them to RGB color space (and/or crop and resize them to whatever optimal size and page ratio the KDP tool wants). No need to go from ths to that to the next format and so forth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you aware that it is strong recommenden to use RGB images in InDesign, even if this is for print. Do not convert to the final profile before PDF export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines