• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cook Book ?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello- our school district has paid for us to use Adobe and my class would like to make a cook book. Can anyone recommend the best way to create this and then be able to print it so we can a hard copy of our cookbook in hand?

TOPICS
How to , Print , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about to use it ready templates?

https://stock.adobe.com/ru/search?k=cookbook%20template

https://www.google.com/search?q=cookbook+indesign+template&sxsrf=ALiCzsZ1tCiOwA-Wp_tt7y05YTyZlWiQdw%...

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, so is In Design the program I should use for this project? Is it fairly easy to then be able to print to a hard cover or some type of book?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are no problems with print if you know InDesign essentials and few principles of preflight. 

There is no magic button "do all ok" and there is no courses "I will know foreign language for 15 minutes".

Re-read Derek post, you are need to learn, learn and learn.

Instead of JMLevy, I'm rude. Из песни слов не выкинешь.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is the name of the company, the two applications they produce you could use to create your cook book are InDesign to create a multi-page document with text and images and Photoshop for optimising the images.

Both programs are professional applications with a steep learning curve so you need to consider that before proceeding.

If you do proceed, I suggest you take some of the InDesign and Photoshop video tutorials such as those on https://bringyourownlaptop.com and  Linkedin Learning: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/ You can get 30-days free access to the latter.
You can, of course, return to this friendly forum for answers to specific questions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you- appreciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to be rude, but if you have no knowledge about graphic design, layout and typography, I am afraid that it will be very difficult for you. It's like saying: “Our school district has paid for us a whole toolbox and my class would like to build a house…”

Or maybe, I misunderstand completely the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines