• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy + Paste doesn't always work

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So they way it should be, and always has been until recently, is when I copy text or images they stay copied no matter how many times I paste them. Now, at best I can only paste once, sometimes I have to go back and copy again before it will even paste that first and only time. This happens both in Indesign and Photoshop. Does this have something to do with a newer "feature" or is something wrong on my end? Does anyone else experience this? It is the simplest thing that should never stop working but is extremely frustrating.

I have a sick feeling this is similar to how Apple unloads apps as soon as you switch to another one, to save memory. If so I may give up on technology.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The not they* where is the edit button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @daniela30808945 ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Would you mind sharing the version of InDesign & OS so that we can test this on our end? Can you also confirm whether this is happening with specific or multiple files? Does any particular action leads to this, or it happens randomly?

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens wth any file, and it's random. Usually I try again and then it works.
MAC OS: 13.0.1 (22A400)
INSDESIGN: 18.2.1
PHOTOSHOP: 24.2.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using keyboard shortcuts, mouse context menu, or application menu to do the actions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually keyboard shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you seen any other problems that might be keyboard related? This sounds like it could be the keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, I just lost a copied selection from Photoshop while using another keyboard. But thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Affecting two different apps also almost sounds like it could be an OS setting problem, but I couldn't begin to tell you where to look on Mac.

In the meantime, it might be worth resetting the prefs and deleting the cache to see if that makes a difference. See Reset InDesign Preferences and Other Troubleshooting 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines