• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

crash exception="EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" exceptionCode="0xc0000005" InDesign 2022 crashing!

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community,

Happy Diwali to all those celebrating.

I was working on this file - https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/41997273-341f-4c37-588b-edece8a37381  and everything was going well untill I saved the file and closed InDesign.

Next moring what I found to my surprise was the file is not at all ready to open. It simply crashes the application.

I accessed the error message in the carsh logs and found this error -

"crash exception="EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" exceptionCode="0xc0000005" instruction="0x00007FFD330EAFFB"

I am able to work on other files as usual. Please can someone from the team try to recover my file and send me back? Its quite urgent.

Cheers,

Hari Rao 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old thing that can happen. Files become corrupted when saving , especially in the cloud. Normally, if you have no backup copy and also the auto-restore of ID cannot work, the chance is lowto save the file. In your case, you have a copy on the cloud which is corrupted, so the chance might you have a local file that you may restore. If not, the file is lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and how could you solve this? If you'd make a new file,  copy the styles from the old file and copy all the text,would that solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you sure you answered in the right thread? Because this is about a corrupted file that crashed ID and which is lost now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines