• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud should include basic page imposition utilities

Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given that page imposition is an ESSENTIAL, CRITICAL function in the printing industry, I would think that Creative Cloud should include, at a bare minimum, a function for automatic page imposition.  For example, if I have business cards and want to impose them 20x on an 12" x 18" sheet, with appropriate gutters, crop marks, etc., it should be easy for Adobe to give me that option.  (I used to use Illustrator for this, until they got rid of the "Apply to All" function when re-linking files.)  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this an indesign issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this issue is not limited to InDesign.  I rarely even bother with InDesign, I do most of my work in Illustrator.  Neither has this ability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kaufmanj1973 

You already posted this in the Illustrator community where @Ton Frederiks answered you. He gave you the link to the thread in UserVoice and suggested that you reply/upvote there.

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/47070262--apply...

I followed the link and saw the reply from staff on June 2 that this is fixed in the beta. Please comment in that thread where the developers will see it.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The guy who originally created that link began posting with quite an
attitude, telling people NOT to add any more posts to that discussion
thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iam not even sure that was the guy who created that link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replacing link with a different image is easy to do in InDesign, just select the link with multiple instances and choose Relink All Instances of ...

Illustrator did have it with the Apply to All checkbox, but that functionality was lost with the new relinking options.

You can still install a previous version for that purpose untill it is fixed.

Please continue in your other threads as jane_e suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc deskop ideas">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many years ago, long before Creative Cloud, Adobe offered a dedicated imposition application called Presswise. Their foray with imposition did not last long, and was eventually sold. If interested, the namesake still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presswise, Trapwise and other prepress software (protected by dongles) came into the Adobe portfolio when Aldus was aquired. It did not last long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And you assume that these applications are all used for printing? And you're assuming that users want to do their own imposition?

I would argue that your assumptions are completely wrong. While I'm sure there is some demand, from a business standpoint it makes absolutely zero sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines