• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ctrl+shift+G not working (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)

New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

i've encountered a weird problem that's been a massive pain for the past couple of days.

Throughout Illustrator 27.5, InDesign 18.3 and Photoshop 24.5, the shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+G (Ungroup) suddenly stopped working. This is a huge issue for me, as my workflow is massively disturbed now.
In the keyboard shortcut menu, the ungroup short cut is shown correctly. I've tried setting it to a different shortcut, but after i tried to change it back to CTRL+SHIFT+G, neither in InDesign, Illustrator nor Photoshop will show the pressed shortcut. The small window with the buttons normally shown, just stays empty. No error message either.

I've already tried several troubleshooting steps, which include:
- resetting my preferences
- disabling an option of Google Drive for simultaneous editing of MS Office files
(something like that, i only have the German name for it)
- un- and reinstalling all mentioned applications

So far nothing helped. Is there anyone that can help me out? This issue is very very annoying.

Best regards in advance,
Jonathan

I keep every Adobe software up to date, as well as my system.
My System:
Windows 11 Pro, Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
32 GB RAM

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Since it's affecting multiple programs it sounds like it's external -- another program, or windows itself (accessibility or additioanl language keyboard settings, perhaps) that has siezed the shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it's affecting multiple programs it sounds like it's external -- another program, or windows itself (accessibility or additioanl language keyboard settings, perhaps) that has siezed the shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the hint!
My AMD Adrenaline software blocked a bunch of shortcuts, including ctrl+shift+g.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind sharing how you fixed it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to find application installed on your computer that is using this shortcut - and disable it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, disabled hotkeys in AMD Adrenaline software and solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines