• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cursor won't load place text

Contributor ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get the cursor to load on placed text. I'm placing a docx file, and I've done this a hundred times with no problem. What could possible keep the cursor from loading?

ID CC, Windows 10.

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

okay, in case this helps anyone else, i got everything to work. Here are my notes:
Malwarebytes was apparently locking the file. (I was so mad, I got rid of it, cancelled my subscription--no one should be able to lock you out of your own files).

i did go to properties for my publishing folder and did the right click TAKE OWNERSHIP for all of them. Don't know if that mattered.

When i opened the docx file in WPS writer, error message said the file was locked by another program.
These files are compile

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I tried this with an .rtf version of the file, the cursor loaded, but the text frames were not automatically created as usual. And there is no overset text indicated by a red X. When i click on that spot anyway, the cursor loads again, but shift-clicking onto the second page has the same result. It's like autoflow is turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

okay, in case this helps anyone else, i got everything to work. Here are my notes:
Malwarebytes was apparently locking the file. (I was so mad, I got rid of it, cancelled my subscription--no one should be able to lock you out of your own files).

i did go to properties for my publishing folder and did the right click TAKE OWNERSHIP for all of them. Don't know if that mattered.

When i opened the docx file in WPS writer, error message said the file was locked by another program.
These files are compiled from Scrivener. I tried recompiling in both formats, with the same result--file was locked in WPS, and also couldn't load the cursor and place in ID.

I pulled up scrivener file for a different book to test it, compiled to docx, created fresh ebook file from default, and placed, and it worked.

So, i figured there was some sort of corruption in the file I had trouble with.
I don't know what was MB and what was maybe a corrupt scriv file. (it was fine a few days ago).

After all that, I finally decided to find the epub file (which was the one used for previous publishing), loaded the epub version into calibre, converted it to docx, and when i placed that in indesign it worked, and also did the autoflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines