• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Curved text disappears when editing

New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing an InDesign file that contains curved text. I want to change the word from WORKSPACE  to NONMANUFACTURING. When I use the text editor, I get as far as the "C," and then the text disappears. I'm assuming the text box isn't large enough for the longer word, but I'm new to InDesign and not sure how to make a curved text box larger. Can anyone help me figure this out?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

It sounds like you need to adjust the text path ending point and allow more text. The start and ending points are blue lines, and sometimes are hard to properly select and adjust. Select the endpoint and adjust by moving clockwise.

curved-text.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

You'll probably need to use the direct select tool to grab the endpoint you want to move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Either selection tool will work, it seems. I tend to go for Direct Select for this, myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Take the direct selection tool and move the bars left and/or the right of the text on the bar to extend the text area of the pat until you see the whole text.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you need to adjust the text path ending point and allow more text. The start and ending points are blue lines, and sometimes are hard to properly select and adjust. Select the endpoint and adjust by moving clockwise.

curved-text.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll probably need to use the direct select tool to grab the endpoint you want to move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeffrey_Smith is correct. A couple of enhancements to what he said: To edit the handles on the starting and ending points, you need to drag them with the Selection (black arrow) tool. The lines aren't necessarily blue. The color comes from the Layer panel color for the layer you're on. Blue is just the default layer color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either selection tool will work, it seems. I tend to go for Direct Select for this, myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Take the direct selection tool and move the bars left and/or the right of the text on the bar to extend the text area of the pat until you see the whole text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines