• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom numbered list not continuing in another document

Enthusiast ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have approx 30 chapters in separated in individual files with Chatper 1 as a style source.
I have added all the chapters in a book file. Total of approx 30 files in a Book.

Paragraph styles in each chapter
Heading
Body

Each chapter has approx 10-20 headings.

What I want is to give Paragraph number to each of the Heading and I want them to continue accross other chapters. eg. Heading 1 to Heading 10 in Chapter 1. (In one file)
Heading 11 to 25 in Chapter 2 (This is in another file)
Heading 26 to 38 in Chapter 3 (yet another file)

I edited Heading para style and gave a numbered list with custom list named "mylist".

I synchronised the styles in the Book and Applied the heading styles to all the headings in chapters 1, chapter 2 and chapter3 ...

Issue is that all the heading number is getting reset in Chapter 2 and so on. Till chapter 1 its working fine.

Level is 1
Mode in Numbering is "Continue from Previous Number"

I created custom list so that it can be carry forwarded but it is not working for some reason.
Any light on this would be helpful.

If this works, I would like to use the same list "mylist" for subheadings also.

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Ok I found it finally and it is working. In the Book panel I did an Update Numbering -> Update Page & Section and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I found it finally and it is working. In the Book panel I did an Update Numbering -> Update Page & Section and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines