Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Czech export to MS Word

Participant ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I hit a problem with text export in Czech version of Indesign (ASCII coding) 16.4 x64. See attached pdf file. I tried two fonts, but it is the same. Any idea? Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the InDesign file you used to make this example? If I try the same text export on my machine (I'm guessing you actualy do mean raw text export) and I have the same result, it'd be evidence of a bug. I wonder if you're using File -> Export, and, if so, which encoding you're choosing. You say "ASCII coding" but when I just tried to export raw text myself, I was surprised by the comparatively small number of available text encodings in CC 2021. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upload indd and original word. Thx a lot for test it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using File -> Export to rtf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's not the "same":

JoelCherney_0-1633117467546.png

Did I guess your workflow correctly? I went and made new index page number references for "lod'" and "přívěs". The RTF export is obviously having some problems  handling  the extended-Latin glyphs for Czech in those hidden tags. What version of InDesign are you currently using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest. But maybe there is something at the background, because few months ago I made a Hebrew-Czech shoolbook, so I had to install hebrew Indesign for right to left text flow. Maybe it is the problem.

I solved my problem by remove all index marks from exported word and the customer is satisfied now 😉 Afrer hebrew book will be finished, I try to install a fresh copy of Indesign and we will see. Thx so much for your test. All looks that problem is in my PC...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Removing the index markers? That's one way 🙂  Glad to hear that your customer is satisfied.  It's interesting that you point out that you have a Middle East edition installed, as I do as well. Sometime when I don't have a backlog of RTL jobs, I'll try the same export out of plain vanilla InDesign (unless you finish your Hebrew project and do it first). In either case, I think we may have a bug report just about ready to post. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines