• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Data merge no longer finding images (but its used to)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2024 Aug 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create a great number of box labels for an appliance manufacturer, the labels contain colour images of the product and individual barcodes for each, all change according to region, Product colour etc. We use a custom extentsion to create barcodes & multiple fields from a basic set of data, the SKU & Barcode numbers.

When creating the barcodes the extention creates a field containing the path to where the barcode is /barcodes/(barcodenumber).eps, it does the same with image filenames based on the SKU code.

For the past few years this has worked perfectly, but now when I open an older merge file to add a new colour/barcode to the data, it can no longer find any of the images as it did previously even though nothing has else has changed, other than an update to InDesign. The text based fields come through fine.

I have seen the fix in that keeping the CSV data file in the same folder as the images fixes the problem, and it works perfectly, but when I have 30 odd barcodes & twice as many images per product, it gets very messy from a filing perspective. Basically that solution will work, but I would like to know why the setup I have been using for years suddenly does not.

Is this an indesign update issue? Nothing else about my Mac setup has changed recently.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2024 Aug 12, 2024
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that fixed it, I just needed to remove the leading "/" from that data and it all worked fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines