• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Data merge with different master pages/layouts

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I'm creating a fashion lookbook with wholesale/rrp prices. I have different master pages/layouts in my document and they are facing pages. Is there any way to do data merge with one record per page? I've been trying to find tutorials but have had no luck. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

jessicathekindredco  wrote

Is there any way to do data merge with one record per page?

Yes. If you make a single-page layout with fields for one record, the default behavior of Data Merge will create a page for each record in the source...but...

I have different master pages/layouts in my document and they are facing pages.

In that scenario, Data Merge won't apply. Essentially, Data Merge operates on a one-off, single-format basis. That is, you set up layout and formatting for one record (on a sing

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but I believe the trick is not to put the info on a master page. It's been a while, but I know this can be done. Take a look at InDesignSecrets.com. They have some good articles and video links on Data Merge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is true Scott. Every year I create multiple documents using DataMerge to populate different types of Master Pages. Indeed the info cannot be in a Master Page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell please a bit more which step is not clear enough. Generally, when you create the merged doc, you can choose one record per page or multiple records. Do you try to find this option, or there is another problem which I missed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jessicathekindredco  wrote

Is there any way to do data merge with one record per page?

Yes. If you make a single-page layout with fields for one record, the default behavior of Data Merge will create a page for each record in the source...but...

I have different master pages/layouts in my document and they are facing pages.

In that scenario, Data Merge won't apply. Essentially, Data Merge operates on a one-off, single-format basis. That is, you set up layout and formatting for one record (on a single page) and Data Merge just repeats it as many times as there are applicable records in your data source. You can control whether it's a one or multiple record-per-page result, but that's it. You can't merge your data into varied layouts in different ways, using on Master Pages or otherwise. For that you'd need a "catalog plugin."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines