• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleted effects appear in copy of document

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create a copy of an advertising document and delete all of the text effects so that I can copy/paste the plain black text for creating store signage. But when I copy the text from the deleted effects ad document and paste it in the ad signage document the effects are still there and I have to delete them again. Any ideas? I can't find anything online about this particular issue. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this an acrobat question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, sorry I should have mentioned it's InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jennifer35910750wq5g

What text effects? 

How do you delete them? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mostly outer glow. I delete by ungrouping everything, selecting the textboxes, and then clicking the garbage can on the effects panel. The effects then disappear from that document, but then reappear when the text is copied and pasted into a new document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of formatting can be persistent if you don't delete, disconnect or undo it in the right, or complete way.

The simple solution would seem to be at the other end: when you paste, use right-click/Paste Without Formatting or Ctrl-Shift-V. You can define a fair number of clipboard/paste options in the Edit | Preferences | Clipboard Handling menu as well. This saves a LOT of having to clear or clean up text when you paste it from one ID location to another and don't want to drag specific, local formatting along.

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.1 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[...]

The simple solution would seem to be at the other end: when you paste, use right-click/Paste Without Formatting or Ctrl-Shift-V. You can define a fair number of clipboard/paste options in the Edit | Preferences | Clipboard Handling menu as well. This saves a LOT of having to clear or clean up text when you paste it from one ID location to another and don't want to drag specific, local formatting along.

By @James Gifford—NitroPress

Unfortunately, as it says on the tin:

RobertTkaczyk_0-1709770208688.png

This option applies ONLY when copying from OTHER applications.

Within InDesign - you have to use Ctrl+Shift+V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Inside the tin, however, pasting with the context menu "without formatting" option and using Ctrl-Shift-V work identically, removing all formatting from the copied material.

Those options you highlight apply only to outside material, but the function otherwise works as advertised for internal stuff. I'm not sure there's any internal configuration — you use Ctrl-V and Ctrl-Shift-V (or the menu items) for different results.

Just tested it twice. 🙂 I'd do a little video like Barb is so good at, but I'm not.

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.1 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jennifer:

What happens if you paste them into a brand new document and not the ad signage document? Does the outer glow effect come back?

Keystroking what you described from one new file to another new file it didn't happen. But if I edit the file I am pasting into and modify the object style to add the glow to the definition, then when I paste the frames in the master with the object style, and the glow comes back.

~Barb

2024-03-06_18-38-34 (1).gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines