Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

design a slide for 60 inch 16:9 ratio screen

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all

I have a job which is for an awards evening and they want some slides designed for the above size screen.

Is there a simple way to work out the size in mm to design to?

Much appreciated

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Your screen is a 60 diagonal screen.

You need to know the resolution of the TV SCREEN to output this correctly.

You cannot just make an image 60" wide image.

For instance: A Sony KD-60X69E 60.1" LED TV has  a screen resolution of  3840px x 2160px. That is your image size.

X690E Series Specifications | Televisions | Sony US

- Hope that helps.

Dax

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The size should not bother you, the pixels are important. Create a document in the size of the pixels for each side and use points as unit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willi

Thanks for your reply but I am afraid I do not understand.  I understand I need to know the size in pixels but am unsure about the points as units?  If you have time to explain further I'd be grateful.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen is a 60 diagonal screen.

You need to know the resolution of the TV SCREEN to output this correctly.

You cannot just make an image 60" wide image.

For instance: A Sony KD-60X69E 60.1" LED TV has  a screen resolution of  3840px x 2160px. That is your image size.

X690E Series Specifications | Televisions | Sony US

- Hope that helps.

Dax

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition, how is the image being presented? Slideshow on a thumb drive plugged into the tv? Or is it being presented through some software via a computer connected to the monitor?

If it is the second option, it is likely the TV will force your image to the right aspect anyway. (Stretch it) to fill the screen. There are several factors to figure out in all this and they depend on your whole setup. But I have provided the basics in my first post.

Let us know if you are still having problems.

- Dax

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to InDesign's preferences, in the section "Units & …" you can change the units to many other units than mm or inch. Change it to pt.

Or you can simply create a new document an insert for the width and height the number in pixels of the screen followed by pt. E.g. write 1080pt, InDesign will translate it to the unit you use. (Overwrite the normal unit in these fields.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines