• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

designing in spreads

Contributor ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI everyone. Does any one know if you can design a booklet or catalogue in Indesign so that you see everything in printer spreads? I have a client who is struggling with his cross overs and I figured if he could see things in printer spreads it might be easier.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

InDesign's Print Booklet prints light weight impositions and you can use its Preview to see printer spread output.

I have a client who is struggling with his cross overs

But why would there be a struggle with crossovers? You can design the document as facing pages and simply run a single image across the spread.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you cannot design in printer spreads (without doing it all manually) and I’d be very curious as to why you’d want to. Most printers would charge you extra to fix such a file if it was submitted that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign's Print Booklet prints light weight impositions and you can use its Preview to see printer spread output.

I have a client who is struggling with his cross overs

But why would there be a struggle with crossovers? You can design the document as facing pages and simply run a single image across the spread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thats what I thought. I actually am a printer and would never do this. However, the owner of the print shop I work at insisted it was possible and thought it would help. I disagreed and this just further enforces my case.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines