Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Diacritic position issue in hebrew

Participant ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I have text with diacritics that are not in place but i cant do find and replace because it's different in different places...

So i thought I'll create a glyph with the diacritics in place and change the whole thing, letter and diacritics as one unit,

my question is how do I add a glyph to the list I have... and if anyone has a better solution then I'll be happy to hear...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Hello Dasi,

In the 'find/replace' box there is a button that looks like this:

and it means ignore diacritics in search, and then you write "אופן" and it will find "אוֹפֶן", "אוּפַּן", etc. Maybe it will help you, if I understood correctly...

Anyway, you can insert right Hebrew diacritics to InDesign easily and shortly by Rav-Nakad software - תכנת "רַב נַקָּד" – דגל ניקוד

And you can see in the video how it works well inside InDesign: ‫רב-נקד גירסה 1.12 - כעת מנקד בתוך אינדיזיין!‬‎ - YouTube

Haggay

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dasi,

In the 'find/replace' box there is a button that looks like this:

and it means ignore diacritics in search, and then you write "אופן" and it will find "אוֹפֶן", "אוּפַּן", etc. Maybe it will help you, if I understood correctly...

Anyway, you can insert right Hebrew diacritics to InDesign easily and shortly by Rav-Nakad software - תכנת "רַב נַקָּד" – דגל ניקוד

And you can see in the video how it works well inside InDesign: ‫רב-נקד גירסה 1.12 - כעת מנקד בתוך אינדיזיין!‬‎ - YouTube

Haggay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Haggay!

I will try that though in the youtube video it looks like only known hebrew words are used for diacritics.

I work with hebrew that has text in another language and combine the hebrew diacritics with the other language diacritics, so for exapmle, there is no נ with makaf above it. But in the second language there is this kind of diacritic and it means something in pronunciation... So I thought to do that with gleph, to create a gleph that combine נ and upper makaf.

In some fonts its possiable to add gleph to certain letters but when I use fankrhuel it doen't let me put makaf over the נ only in bold....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Haggay,

I am also having some issues with nikkud. The dageshs are after the patach, etc. so they are not in the correct position. But when I went to do find/replace with the opposite order, somehow the find/replace was not sensitive enough to change it. Do you have any tips?

Thanks,

Rachel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines