• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display bug

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just took my Mac in for repair. When I showed them two others like this they ran a dianogtics on the computer. Mac Catalina V10.15.7. and found the display had a problem. So I got it home today and started to do my work on it and it happens again. Now I am thinking it might be a bug with Adobe products. I am not computer savvy. I am usually just moving stuff around on the program when it happens. And I can not get rid of it unless I get out and then click the project back on. 

Can anyone help? 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot remember seeing any reports of red squares invading InDesign files such as you show here. Are you saying that this happens in all Adobe programs or just InDesign? If it is only in InDesign then what version of the program are you using? Does it also happen in any Microsoft programs that you might have? It does not appear to me to be a program related issue, especially if it is happening in multiple programs. I would suggest bringing it back to the repair place and insisting that they look harder for the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does seem to be the Adobe products. I think it may be the GPU.  I have made another appointment with the geniuses with Apple. But it is really hard to get your rhythem when this keeps happening. 

thumbnail-1.jpeg

thumbnail.jpeg

  

thumbnail-1.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the preferences turn off the GPU performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that but still nothing. Do I turn it off and reboot? 
This is frustrating. I had read that the GPU is wonky elsewhere so that is why I tried that.  
Check the images above. Also the fonts half show up. Grrrrr! It is a 45 minute drive to Apple so i am trying to solve this problem here. I am running all the latest versions of the CS Adobe products from the cloud. Mostly use Indesign. But the others often enough. I have not noticed it with those other programs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any additional displays - printers - tablets - mouse - keyboard etc attached?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I would like you to share a few more details along with the ones asked above:

• The exact version of InDesign
  • Does updating the macOS to Big Sur & InDesign to v17.0.1 help resolve the issue?
  • Is this happening while working on a specific file or all?
  • Does resetting InDesign Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and InDesign will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines