Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EbookExport.InDesignPlugin error when opening a file

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When opening a file I get this error asking me to upgrade "EbookExport.InDesignPlugin" to it's latest version version. I can't find whatever this is the plugins pannel, nor do I remember installing it in the first place. This happened when using different system in an office. Was fine on the home system. Both systems are with up-to-date versions of InDesign. Both Mac sylicon.

Fairly urgent matter so any input would be greatly apreciated.

Thank you, please help!

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 9.26.24 am.png

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Awesome. Thanks for confirming that the issue is resolved with 19.3, Nick5CEF. Appreciate your patience and collaboration with us.

Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any assistance. We would be happy to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

We have been able to reproduce the issue in house and currently investigating the issue. 

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. The issue is fixed with the 19.3 release, which is a phased rollout. Please update to the InDesign 19.3 version if the update is available in your Creative Cloud Desktop app in your country, and let us know if you're still experiencing the issue.

Note: This is a phase-wise rollout, and updates will be available to users in different countries in the coming days. Check your notifications in the Creative Cloud Desktop application, or refresh the application

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...plus a similar issue with the same plug-in in combination with a mixup of 19.1 and 19.2 versions was discussed here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/ebookexport-indesignplugin-error-when-opening-a-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was able to fairly easily to reproduce this issue. I've used InDesign 19.1 to test this, but will probably be same with version 19.0.1

Not sure if there are any other ways to reproduce this issue.

• Use either InDesign 19.0.1 or 19.1 and create a simple document with one text frame and one image frame. Not sure if both are needed but that's how i've created my test document.
  • Save the document as an IDML file.
  • Check used plugins and normally EBookExport shouldn't be listed at all
  • Upgrade InDesign to version 19.2
  • Open the saved IDML file created in 19.0.1 or 19.1
  • Save the opened IDML file as an INDD file
  • Check used plugins (Opt-Cmd About InDesign on Mac) and sure enough EBookExport is used in the saved document, resulting in the issue that this document will no longer be able to be opened in InDesign 19.1 or 19.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix for this issue is available in the InDesign PreRelease build(v19.3.0.057) and above.
Please check if the issue now stands resolved.

Download/Update the latest InDesign PreRelease build in Creative Cloud under the “Prerelease” category(Refer to “Prerelease_CreativeCloud.png” for reference)
Please apply to the InDesign PreRelease in case you don’t have access to InDesign PreRelease build – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/C6DFA254-C40C-4EEB-8F6D-F4AEDA2E6171

If you still encounter any issues, please drop a mail to sharewithID@adobe.com.

Adobe InDesign team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Was able to download the 19.3 prerelease version and can confirm that a document which previously gave issues when saved in 19.2 and couldn't be opened in 19.1 is no able to open in that version after it's been saved in 19.3

The same applies when the document is uploaded to a server running InDesign Server 19.1 there it also is able to be opened by the server version.

Is there any time frame when 19.3 might be released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response. We have started the release of 19.3 and since it's done in phases so in case if it's not available as of now, it will be available soon. 

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been able to reproduce the issue in house and currently investigating the issue. 

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We (in the UK) are currently collaborating with an InDesign user in a different country (Germany). For us the latest version of InDesign is 19.2, for them it is 19.1. This is causing issues because they now cannot open the files we send them.

I assume this is because of the phased roll-out of 19.2 in different territories.

Is there a way for them to install 19.2? Maybe getting a prerelease version to show?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We (in the UK) are currently collaborating with an InDesign user in a different country (Germany). For us the latest version of InDesign is 19.2, for them it is 19.1. This is causing issues because they now cannot open the files we send them.

By @thefinalform

Normally there shouldn't be any issues opening documents across different dot releases of the same major version (19.x in this case).

What error exactly do they get on attempt to open your documents in 19.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll ask for a screenshot. The error is in German (obviously), essentially it says you need to update to be able to open the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked for Updates in the Creative Cloud app today? 

I live in the US (San Francisco) and we're always the last to get the rollout of new versions. I just got mine this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the person in question has manually checked for updates, and restarted both the Creative Cloud app and their computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're telling you they're on 19.1 but that error is typical of using an early major version. If they have both installed, which is not at all unusual, have them double check to be sure they've got the right version open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an Adobe Help file to deal with when Adobe Creative Cloud updates are not listed:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-application-recognizing-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everybody for your help. The issue is now resolved for us as the update became available for our colleague in Germany this morning.

For reference I'm attaching the error message our colleague was getting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if the full error dialog actually looked like this:

leor_0-1707832435293.png

as discussed in a new thread about a similar issue here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/document-created-with-19-2-version-can-t-be-open...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - it's possible - I have asked our colleague, though of course she cannot reproduce it because her version of Indesign has now updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, confirmed, that was the error dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

From the USA here...I'm having this issue. I have a bunch of important files that I can't access because of this error. My adobe cloud shows 19.0 as latest version and no more updates available. How come updgrading to 19.3 is the solution if I don't even have that option?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the USA here...I'm having this issue. I have a bunch of important files that I can't access because of this error. My adobe cloud shows 19.0 as latest version and no more updates available. How come updgrading to 19.3 is the solution if I don't even have that option?

By @JesusBarney

What's the version of your operating system? Also, what's your version of the Creative Cloud app? The current is 6.2.0.554. If yours isn't updating automatically for some reason, try to reinstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I uninstalled indesign, and then I was able to see versions 19.1 and above show up as update options on my adobe cloud app. Updated to 19.4 and was now able to open up the files. Very strange bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem! I am on 19.0.0.151 and dont see an update?! Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kim3841112166bo,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble. Would you mind checking the updates on the Creative Cloud Desktop app as shown in the screenshot below?

Please also try signing out of the Creative Cloud Desktop, restart the machine, sign back in and then try checking the updates.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks.

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue, and I have version 19.5...

Any fix here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Dee31208532xyra, 

We're sorry that you are experiencing this issue. Would you mind testing the issue on any of the previous versions of InDesign and update? 

We will be awaiting your response. 

Thank you, 

Abhishek Rao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines