• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document losing formatting in indesign when moved with hand tool

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When moving or zooming the document, even with slight movements, I notice that it becomes completely disfigured, resulting in distorted or cut letters. This has been a problem since the beginning in InDesign and apparently also occurs in Adobe Illustrator when tested. This situation has been quite disruptive to carrying out my work. I already tried changing some video driver settings and it didn't help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What platform, OS version and version of ID are you using?

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.0 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lenovo Legion 5, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, AMD Ryzen 7, latest version of InDesign. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay. (There are some issues peculiar to one platform or another, but most are on the Mac side.)

The only simple solution here is to reset your preferences and your cache, one or the other of which may have become corrupted. The process for various platforms and versions is here: Reset InDesign Preferences and Other Troubleshooting.

If that doesn't cure the problem be sure you are updated to the latest Nvidia driver.

There really aren't many more things that cause this kind of problem that aren't a system/hardware issue. But maybe someone else has an idea I've overlooked. (I also run a Win11/GTX2060 system.)

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.0 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines