• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document Name and Title Bar When Exporting to PDF

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export an InDesign document to an interactive PDF, in the title bar (and on the TAB of the reader when it is used to view) I get some text that I have no idea where it came from. Well not quite, it is the caption from a document I created YEARS ago.

I have searched all the possible Pref and Setup boxes for the PDF exporter, but damned if I can find it. If anyone is interested, the doc is at http://bit.ly/37D8nsL and the text in question is "Map of King Island" in the title bar when viewd in a browser.

Its driving me nuts so any assistance greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

When I downloaded and viewed your PDF file in Acrobat DC (current version), it didn't show Map of King Island in the title bar, but it might if you were using a different PDF reader (which are you using?)

But when I chose File > Properties in Acrobat, it showed this metadata in the PDF. The Document Title in the document is Map of King Island (screen capture below):

Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 8.19.25 PM.png

Most likely, you'll see this if you open the InDesign file and choose File > File Info in the Document Title field at the to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I downloaded and viewed your PDF file in Acrobat DC (current version), it didn't show Map of King Island in the title bar, but it might if you were using a different PDF reader (which are you using?)

But when I chose File > Properties in Acrobat, it showed this metadata in the PDF. The Document Title in the document is Map of King Island (screen capture below):

Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 8.19.25 PM.png

Most likely, you'll see this if you open the InDesign file and choose File > File Info in the Document Title field at the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! That was the one place I didn't look! Cheers Steve 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines