• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Documents cannot be saved - '..there are open transactions in process on the database.'

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a document with a rectangle and an image in it. We tried to set clippingPath property of the image running the following script:

var obj = app.activeDocument.allGraphics[0];
obj.clippingPath.paths.add();
obj.clippingPath.paths[0].pathType = 1668051812; //PathType.CLOSED_PATH
obj.clippingPath.paths[0].entirePath = [[30.7,100.888888888889],[30.7,46],[84,40.7],[102.75,100.888888888889]

Running the script we couldn't save the document and we had to close it loosing all changes. Trying to save it in the script we got:

Error: Cannot save document because there are open transactions in process on the database.

Please advice. We have to set clippingPath via a script.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This script works for me using your test file. (the latest version on Mac)

You forgot to add closing bracket and semicolon at the end of the last line — '];'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bracket is missing here only. in the script i run in my inDesign 2020 is ok but the  problem exists... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

var obj = app.activeDocument.allGraphics[0];
obj.clippingPath.paths.add();
obj.clippingPath.paths[0].pathType = 1668051812; //PathType.CLOSED_PATH
obj.clippingPath.paths[0].entirePath = [[30.7,100.888888888889],[30.7,46],[84,40.7],[102.75,100.888888888889]];

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dimitri,

also no issue on my side with your document.

Ran your script on your document with InDesign 2020 v.15.1.3.302 on Windows 10.

I could save the document to a new name without error.

Hm…

Perhaps it's the version of InDesign 2020 you are using that has this issue.

Your document was created with InDesign 15.1.3.302 and was saved the last time with 15.0.2.323.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also added a graphic frame with your entirePath array to the spread to see if the clipping path is applied in the right place.

var obj = app.documents[0].spreads[0].rectangles.add({ fillColor : "Yellow" });
obj.paths[0].entirePath =

[
	[30.7,100.888888888889],
	[30.7,46],
	[84,40.7],
	[102.75,100.888888888889]
];

I see no issue at all:

YellowObject-EntirePathOfClippingPath.PNG

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again.

Trying to find a solution witth this issue we created a new test case. This time we do not have any script but the following indesign document saved in 2021. Opening that document inDesign ask us to uppdate or not update the missing link. If we do not update and open links and relink the image (image als attached) we cannot save the document anylonger. If we update missing links again we cannot save the document. Our problem is that status were we cannot save the document anymore and we loose all the work either user or scripts did on the document.

steps:

1. Opening testDoc.indd - Don't Update Links

2. Relink image

3. No longer able to save our document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dimitri,

I have no issue at all to save your testDoc.indd with the relinked image file with InDesign 16.4.0.55 on Windows 10.

testDoc-EDITED-2021.PNG

Here the download link to the packaged and zipped folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gulymrni3syodb2/testDoc-EDITED-2021.zip?dl=1

My suggestion:

Update your InDesign version 16.0.0.77 to 16.4.0.55.

Obviously the problem is on your system and cannot replicated on other machines.

The original path of the placed image is this:

D:\jporf\Downloads\Jaws\877\img0.jpg

Is this volume D a network volume?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We tried with the lattest version and still getting this error with your initial sscript that i cannot share here. We will create another test and share it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We run some more tests here and we finnaly found where the problem was. Our script was also trying to set clippingType to ClippingPathType.USER_MODIFIED_PATH for that image in order to provide the paths. But that was not possible bcs this type is readonly.

That was caussing our problems here bcs after that error script was not processing the rest properties properly and inDesign was showing that error '..there are open transactions in process on the database.'

In order to change clippingPath to that type we first set it to ClippingPathType.DETECT_EDGES and then we set / create the paths of it. So now its ok.

I can provide a test script and an InDesign document to show you what i mean if needed.

Thanks for the replies, you helped us a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines