• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does getting a permission error affect other open documents?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign 2022, Mac OS Monterey 12.5

Working in creative cloud. While trying to open a file from our creative cloud I got an error message similar to this one:

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 11.24.25 AM.png

No one else was in the file I was trying to open. I did a save in my current file and quit and restrarted InDesign. I tried opening the file again and got the same error msg. This time I quit everyting and did a complete shutdown. Started everything back up and could then open the file. I opened the file I had been working on to find that nothing from the last hour and a half had not been saved. I do not believe this to be operator error and not saving for all that time.  I was able to recreate some of what I know I lost. When this error occurs, do we know if it affects any other functions of InDesign or saving to creative cloud?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Make sure you have read/write permissions for the folder it's in. InDesign needs to create a hidden file when opening a file called .idlk - if it can't create this, or there's one already connected to the file.

Two things come to mind

1) Close Indesign, check your folder on your computer for any hidden files called .idlk

2) Check read/write permissions for the folder that you have full access to this 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have read/write permissions for the folder it's in. InDesign needs to create a hidden file when opening a file called .idlk - if it can't create this, or there's one already connected to the file.

Two things come to mind

1) Close Indesign, check your folder on your computer for any hidden files called .idlk

2) Check read/write permissions for the folder that you have full access to this 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will take a look at that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may not be the answer, but you could check your system's Privacy & Security settings to make sure all your Adobe Apps have Full Disk Access; there have been some upgrades to Monterey that have reset these settings from time to time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I will check out those settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines