• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double Quotation marks appearing around Graph callouts

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have word documents linked to my Indesign documents via WordsFlow. They are all chapters in an Indesign book.

When I first import the Word text the graph call outs like (Graph 2.1) appears correct, however when I synchronise the selected chapters in the books pop out menu, then all my call outs have double quotation marks around them like this ("Graph 2.1").

I have now turned off all the 'Sychronize Options in my book. Not sure if this prevents this happenig in the future as I'm not sure I even need to Sychronize anything anyway as the page numbers update automatically in the book which hopefully gives me correct contents page numbering.

Question is why is this even happening? Is it some formating that the writters are using for the Graph call outs in Word.

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only time I see that happen is if they are Cross References - just a guess. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/indesign/using/cross-references.html

This portion of the page that shows this is here
https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/indesign/using/cross-references.html#:~:text=cross%2Dreference.-,Creating...

you can see that the software inserts partial paragraphs in Quotes. 

That's the only thing I can think of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines