• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double Sided Speaker Cards + Sequential Page Numbers on Every Other Page

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I was to create "Speaker Cards" where the company logo was on the front of each card, and the content of the speach was on the back of each the card, how would I automatically number each even page sequentially? In other words since the card is double sided, Document Page 1 and Document Page 2 (Front and Back) would simply be "Page 1" and Document Page 3 and Document Page 4 (Front and Back) would be "Page 2"... Etc.

Document Page 1: Logo

Document Page 2: Auto Number "Page 1"

Document Page 3: Logo

Document Page 4: Auto Number "Page 2"

Document Page 5: Logo

Document Page 6: Auto Number "Page 3"

Is this possible to automate, or would I just need to manually add the page numbers?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Manually numbering the pages, using an auto-flow number sequence that will mimic auto-numbering, is not the most elegant solution but it's the simplest.

Create a flow that is your page numbers, each as a paragraph. On the secondary master page, create a text box where you want the number. Place the flow/story in that box on the first secondary page, and it should flow and stay in sequence no matter how you rearrange your content.

—

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manually numbering the pages, using an auto-flow number sequence that will mimic auto-numbering, is not the most elegant solution but it's the simplest.

Create a flow that is your page numbers, each as a paragraph. On the secondary master page, create a text box where you want the number. Place the flow/story in that box on the first secondary page, and it should flow and stay in sequence no matter how you rearrange your content.

—

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's actually quite brilliant. *Smacks forehead! Such an easy solution that was staring me in the face. I appreciate you taking the time to aswer my question!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place a small Primary Text box on left Parent page.

Set up a paragraph style for your page numbers that includes the Keep Option to Start Paragraph in Next Frame.

Set an Object style for your text frame that specifies the new paragraph style. 

Set up an Excel sheet with your numbers, save as a text file, and import into that box on page 2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks SJR! I haven't been able to try your method just yet, but once things calm down on my end, I'll give it a go. Thanks for taking the time to review and answer my question... very much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines