• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading older versions of InDesign

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a RIP that I rarely use but only works with version 12. (2017) i noticed that I can only download version 13 and 14 now.

Will I be able to get a copy of v.12?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Hi All,

We at Adobe always recommend that you keep your apps up-to date for better performance and experience. However, if your workflow requires working with older versions, you can install previous versions of your Creative Cloud apps from the Creative Cloud desktop app. We provide installers for our current apps and the previous major version of each application. Steps to install the previous version of InDesign and other CC apps are shared here.

Situations where you need access to previous v

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At this point, the only option is to reach out to Adobe and request the v17 installers. It may or may not work. If it doesn't, you can try asking for a supervisor.

Looking ahead, I would recommend disabling auto-updates on the apps in the CC Desktop app. When you manually install the updates, you can choose not to remove the earlier versions. In a situation like this, it is critical to keep the older version.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines