• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and drop images from Lightroom library to Indesign

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help! My usual workflow while working in MAC OS was drag and drop JPG images directly from Lightroom library to Indesign document (I am a photographer and make photobooks). After migrating to Win 10 this became no possible. Is this a problem with OS or settings? I can drag and drop only from Explorer.

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @NatalieTulip ,

there is also a place > InDesign command in Adobe Bridge for Windows 10 to the place cursor of an open InDesign document. Also possible: Drag & drop from Adobe Bridge.

Have Lightroom not installed on my Windows 10 machine, so I cannot test this.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I know about Bridge possibility. I need Lightroom badly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can test this later on a PC but use it all the time on my Mac system. I will report back...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @NatalieTulip ,

installed Lightroom Classic on my Windows 10 machine.

Did a quick test to drag & drop an imported image file to my InDesign document.

No success. The place cursor of InDesign was not populated with the image.

FWIW: Could be, that I did something wrong. Did not use Lightroom in years…

Please post here, if you find a solution on a Windows machine.

Or if you get a hint if this feature was available in previous versions of Lightroom.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for testing. I think there are not many ways to do it wrong (unless you tried to drag not jpg but some other format).. I don't know for previous versions cause used to do it with no problem in Mac OS. Should it be possible to request the official rep of  Adobe (Lightroom) app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @NatalieTulip ,

my tests were done with JPEG images.

Hm. Maybe it's better to look for a solution in the Lightroom Classic user forum or start a new thread there:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/ct-p/ct-lightroom-classic?page=1&sort=latest_replie...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I always save or export an image first and use that.

You could access the Ligthroom C images via Bridge. And drag from there, if it is an importable file type for InDesign. I don't go that way as an external editing might break the database connection. Taking the image and placing would not be a problem. 

In many cases you might work with an image before placing and LR cannot handle PSD or layered files. Therefore it is better to export first and then use that image to leave the database intact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines