• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop Shadow Problem with background color

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe InDesign CS6. My pages have some background color. When I use "drop  shadow" on a text field, the background color gets changed in this text field. It looks ok on the screen, but not ok on a print (see attached picture.).

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your transparency blend space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob is right. You'll find it here: Edit > Transparency Blend Space.

https://www.printingforless.com/Choosing-a-Transparency-Blend-Space.html#:~:text=Where%20Do%20I%20Fi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I set Transparency Blend Space to Document RGB, since I specified the background color of my page as RGB. But the text frame with the Drop Shadow still shows a different background color. SJRiegel said the default style of text frame is set to Basic Photo. So I selected my text frame and went to Windows>Styles>Object Styles, said [Basic Text Frame], and applied it, but this removed my drop shadow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the Text Frame. From the Effects panel (Window > Effects) choose the panel menu and choose Clear Effects

Screenshot 2023-11-24 at 9.14.15 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, but it didn 't work. When I selected Windows>Effects and Text: Normal 100% and chose Clear Effects, it removed the drop shadow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines