Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit the opening picture

Participant ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

Is there any tip to edit the picture that appears when starting an Adobe application, such as InDesign or Photoshop?

Thank you by forehand,

Koenraad

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

For InDesign CC 2018 with mac the file is here :

Application/InDesign/InDesign[open the package]/Contents/Ressources/ID_SplashCC.png and ID_SplashCC@2x

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easiest way is to make a screenshot while it's starting up. Both are slow starters, so you should have plenty of time.

5 Easy Ways to Take a Screenshot in Mac OS X - wikiHow

​How to take a screenshot in any version of Windows - CNET

Then open it with a suitable editor so you can edit it. Note: InDesign is not one of these! You can only do some basic adjustments (see the online help Work with frames and objects in InDesign ). You don't mention what you want to change; if it's text, you cannot edit that from a screenshot! You must use a bitmap editor such as Photoshop to erase the text first. Then you can draw your new text on top -- either in InDesign, or directly with Photoshop.

For more help on opening and editing your screenshot with Photoshop, try asking in the Photoshop General Discussion forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uh, [Jongware], I understood it so, OP wants to personalize those pictures to see 'em every time an app starts...

It was discussed here on forum some years ago...

Say, on Windows for InDesign CS6 default path to those resources is:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS6\(InDesign Resources)\idrc_PNGA folder

Here you'll find 4 idrc files. These are, actually, just png. Copy somewhere 294.idrc, change extension to png, and you'll be able to edit it.

For ID CC2015 and CC2017 it's a 400.idrc, path didn't changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well he'd still need Photoshop (or the local nearest equivalent) to edit such an image. InDesign can import and export PNGs but that does not make it an image editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you winterm, you guessed what I am looking for.

I'm running on mac and using CC 2018. I found in

Application > InDesign > Resource > ObjetcModelLib

three files .idcr but I dont now how edit them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably mean idrc (that stands for InDesignResourCes)?

It was said already - copy those files to some folder, say, on desktop, change extensions to png, locate the image you want to edit, and edit it in your raster image editing app to your liking. Then rename that png file back to .idrc and move it back to the Indesign folder where it belong.

Sure, always keep a copy of an original idrc file somewhere!

Update:

just to clarify: InDesign itself IS NOT involved in these manipulations in any manner! As [Jongware] pointed out, you can't edit png file in InDesign. Better keep it closed when performing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

But, I tried all you say : no difference ; always the same picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after a bit searching found this old thread for you:

Which .dll contains the Splash Screen?

from post 8 and further guys are talking about InDesign on Mac, basically.

from post 20 - about Photoshop.

Be aware it's rather old thread, on CS6 mainly, and in CC some things have changed.

However, you should get a picture, how it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, winterm. I have not yet find time to read the post that you indicate me but I come back as soon as possible to say you if I have found an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For InDesign CC 2018 with mac the file is here :

Application/InDesign/InDesign[open the package]/Contents/Ressources/ID_SplashCC.png and ID_SplashCC@2x

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines