• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing images in photoshop for Indesign

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In older versions if i wanted to edit an image from my InDesignb document in photoshop I could simply select edit with > Photoshop. After the edit I would save as a jpeg & the file would automatically adjust. With the new update in photoshop you now have to 'save as a copy' to save a jpeg file which removes the link from Indesign & means having to reaplce the image in the Indesign doc. Is there any way around this please?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place the picture as a PSD. This should also get better quality, since each time you edit a JPEG it is damaged more and more - avoid getting into the situation of editing JPEGs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new versions of Photoshop force a Save As when changing to a flattened format like JPEG so you don’t inadvertently lose a file’s layers. As @Test Screen Name  suggests there’s no reason why you can’t place PSDs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only save as JPEG when you're sure you'll never edit the image again, and even then there are much better format choices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines