• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Code 6 / InDesign CC

New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to open my InDesign file and opened partially but I got the prompt "Could not complete your request because of a database error. The file "FI MI SommarREA 2020" is damaged (Error code:6)." 

Is there a way to recover the file somehow? 

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Manan has given correct suggestion that you can send the corrupted file to us.

There is one thing I'd like you to try though. Please change Data Recovery folder destination under Preferences > File Handling. You can select any local folder or create one. Once done, try to open your file again.

See if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send the document to adobe via email at corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com

I am not sure how proactively Adobe engineering team will respond back. If you are short of time and want a paid service then you can also try Markzware's solution

https://markzware.com/products/file-recovery-service/

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Manan has given correct suggestion that you can send the corrupted file to us.

There is one thing I'd like you to try though. Please change Data Recovery folder destination under Preferences > File Handling. You can select any local folder or create one. Once done, try to open your file again.

See if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

Thanks for a quick reply - it worked! 

Regards,

Päivi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have done the above and it's not worked and now I'm also worried about having a random recovery folder??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lacey22365987b98l ,

Sorry to hear that you are facing an issue with your InDesign file. An InDesign file can become damaged for various reasons, such as hardware issues, software conflicts, or file corruption. Please try the suggestions shared in this similar discussion and let us know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm having the above issue with InDesign not opening up getting me the Error Code: 6.
I've tried changing the Recovery Folder destination and moving the file from my harddrive to Desktop to open from there, but no luck.

I've lost a good chunk of work be cause of this and would really appriciate some help.

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm having the above issue with InDesign not opening up getting me the Error Code: 6.
I've tried changing the Recovery Folder destination and moving the file from my harddrive to Desktop to open from there, but no luck.

I've lost a good chunk of work be cause of this and would really appriciate some help.

Thank you!!

By @Stine22248419r05l

Your versions of macOS and InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Are you still experiencing this issue? If yes, please try the suggestions shared in this discussion. Feel free to update the discussion if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, the same thing with my file. I've done everything above with no result. I've made actualizations, changed the Data Recovery folder, ersrted computer, etc. Nothing worked. Please help, Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared here. If no resolution works, share the affected file with us at idfile@adobe.com. We'll investigate the issue and let you know if the recovery is possible. 

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines