• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error "asio async_connect error asio.system:10061" starting InDesign Server

Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone seen this before, or have ANY suggestions?

Currently running IDS 2021 (v17). No issues. Created a package for IDS 2022 (V18) and installed. When we run the V18 "InDesignServer.com -configuration test1" from the command line (to ensure all is working correctly), all looks good, but then we get:
[2022-12-29 10:19:56] [info] asio async_connect error: asio.system:10061 (No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.)
[2022-12-29 10:19:56] [info] Error getting remote endpoint: asio.system:10057 (A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied.)
[2022-12-29 10:19:56] [error] handle_connect error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

We do NOT have this problem on the same physical box, running the SAME command line again V17. I have searched for instances of this error, to no avail.

TOPICS
Activation billing and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

I finally heard back from Official Adobe Support.  Apparently this is a KNOWN issue that affects some InDesign V18 installations.  It has so far happened on BOTH of ours.

We have been told we can safely ignore the errors, and a future version should remove the errors...  Of course no ETA on the next release.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you contacted Adobe directly ??

▒► ID-Tasker / ID-Tasker Server - work smart not hard ◄▒

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been trying to open a case, but just get this fantastically useful error:

PSSTech_0-1672335805357.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😞 Don't know the Server version so won't be able to help you 😞

On a personal note - I think Server is way overrated and overpriced 😉 I can do pretty much the same things on the normal version using scripting 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to wait until January 3rd because the great majority of Adobe (except a skeleton staff) is on holiday break.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, wonderful....

Thanks for the info..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But V17 is completely different "process" from V18 ?

I'm pretty sure they don't share the same config data ?

It's like many virtual servers on a same physical server. One have nothing to do with the other...

Like I've said - never used / configured one - but have some other experience 😉 so maybe fresh perspective will help 😉 ? can you show this "InDesignServer.com -configuration test1" - without your login details of course ?? Maybe there will be some clues ? Have you checked for case-sensitivity ?

Have you tred to reset your V18 ID Server ?

From the description of the errors - looks like there is a problem with authentication / login credentials ? Or options ?

asio.system:10061 (No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.)

asio.system:10057 (A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied.)

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

For me it's a clear example of problems with authentication ? Either because you have wrong login details - case sensitive ? - or maybe some process is not activated on the server ?

But like I've said - just guessing and brainstorming 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know they don't share the config data.  That should not be of concern here.  What authentication are you talking about?  I am just trying to START the instance.  Not making any connection to it.  Unless it is the "license authentication" that you are mentioning?

Here is the output of starting the new instance:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign Server 2023>InDesignServer.com -configuration test1
================================================================================
. InDesign Server Version 18.0 x64
. Copyright 1999-2022 Adobe Inc. and its licensors.
. All rights reserved. See the other legal notices in the ReadMe.
================================================================================
Thu Dec 29 13:27:21 2022 INFO [server] Initializing
Thu Dec 29 13:27:21 2022 INFO [server] Loading the application
Thu Dec 29 13:27:21 2022 INFO [server] Scanning for plug-ins
Thu Dec 29 13:27:21 2022 INFO [server] Registering 116 plug-ins
Thu Dec 29 13:27:21 2022 INFO [server] Completing Object Model
Thu Dec 29 13:27:21 2022 INFO [server] Saving Object Model
Thu Dec 29 13:27:21 2022 INFO [server] Initializing plug-ins
Thu Dec 29 13:27:21 2022 INFO [server] Calling Early Initializers
Thu Dec 29 13:27:21 2022 INFO [server] Starting up Service Registry
Thu Dec 29 13:27:21 2022 INFO [server] Executing startup services
Thu Dec 29 13:27:21 2022 INFO [server] Using configuration test1
Thu Dec 29 13:27:21 2022 INFO [server] Initializing Application
Thu Dec 29 13:27:22 2022 INFO [server] Completing Initialization
Thu Dec 29 13:27:22 2022 INFO [server] Calling Late Initializers
[2022-12-29 13:27:23] [info] asio async_connect error: asio.system:10061 (No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.)
[2022-12-29 13:27:23] [info] Error getting remote endpoint: asio.system:10057 (A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied.)
[2022-12-29 13:27:23] [error] handle_connect error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here is the same startup of the existing V17.x install.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign Server 2022>InDesignServer.com -configuration test1
. InDesign Server Version 17.0 x64
. Copyright 1999-2022 Adobe Inc. and its licensors.
. All rights reserved. See the other legal notices in the ReadMe.
Thu Dec 29 13:30:16 2022 INFO [server] Initializing
Thu Dec 29 13:30:16 2022 INFO [server] Loading the application
Thu Dec 29 13:30:16 2022 INFO [server] Scanning for plug-ins
Thu Dec 29 13:30:16 2022 INFO [server] Registering 115 plug-ins
Thu Dec 29 13:30:16 2022 INFO [server] Completing Object Model
Thu Dec 29 13:30:16 2022 INFO [server] Saving Object Model
Thu Dec 29 13:30:16 2022 INFO [server] Initializing plug-ins
Thu Dec 29 13:30:16 2022 INFO [server] Calling Early Initializers
Thu Dec 29 13:30:16 2022 INFO [server] Starting up Service Registry
Thu Dec 29 13:30:17 2022 INFO [server] Executing startup services
Thu Dec 29 13:30:17 2022 INFO [server] Using configuration test1
Thu Dec 29 13:30:17 2022 INFO [server] Initializing Application
Thu Dec 29 13:30:17 2022 INFO [server] Completing Initialization
Thu Dec 29 13:30:17 2022 INFO [server] Calling Late Initializers
Thu Dec 29 13:30:50 2022 INFO [server] Image previews are off
Thu Dec 29 13:30:50 2022 INFO [server] Server Running
Thu Dec 29 13:30:50 2022 INFO [javascript] Executing File: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign Server 2022\Scripts\startup scripts\ConnectInstancesToESTK.js
Thu Dec 29 13:30:50 2022 INFO [javascript] Executing File: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign Server 2022\Scripts\converturltohyperlink\startup scripts\ConvertURLToHyperlinkMenuItemLoader.jsx
Thu Dec 29 13:30:50 2022 INFO [javascript] Executing File: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign Server 2022\Scripts\converturltohyperlink\ConvertURLToHyperlinkMenuItem.jsxbin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you have in:

Thu Dec 29 13:27:21 2022 INFO [server] Using configuration test1 

There is nothing like that in the V17 - but there are some scripts executed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean by "What do you have in:".

test1 is a blank configuration on both the V17 and the V18 instances.  As for any other scripts, both V17 and V18 are "stock" installs.  No added scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is throwing me, because I have NO CLUE what connection it is trying to make.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean "blank"?? 

"empty" or with some default pre-set data? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "blank" I mean it is a configuration that I did not make.  So, IDS creates a new configuration with it's default values.  That happens anytime you start IDS using a configuration name that you never used before.

So, I have made NO changes to the "default" configuration.

I hope that makes sense.

I also removed all the scripts, and still get the same output (minus the lines talking about starting the scripts of course.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So can you show us the contents of this "default" configuration file ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, because it isn't really a "config file" as such, it is a "configuration".  So, IDS will create a folder structure by that name, and in that folder structure you can have things like scripts.

The default (so what I am using for both IDS V17 and IDS V18) is nothing in any of the folders (except for the TypeLib in scripting support.)

So, basically, the configuration has NOTHING.  So, there is nothing to show.  I attached a dir dump to show this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folder structure is rather meaningless... 

Is there any kind of config file or initial script? Something that configures connection to IDS? 

Even with something so simple like connecting to a database through PHP you need credentials - address, login, pass and connection string.

So there have to be something like that here? 

If there isn't - and access is "open to anyone" - then looks like not all services are running. 

Do you have a list of all services that should be up and running - and a way to compare with your server? 

Or at least can you compare what services are up and running on V17 vs v18? 

There shouldn't be to many differences or new stuff ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing like this.  You are talking about a 3rd party app connecting to IDS.  I AM the third party app.  The error I am seeing is just starting and InDesign Server instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about this? 

https://support.netx.net/hc/en-us/articles/4409807357847-Adobe-InDesign-Server-Installation-Guide

There are some extra manual steps involved... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not apply here.  This is talking about configuring 3rd party access to the IDS engine.  I am the 4rd party access.  Also, this is for a MUCH older version of IDS CC which requrired a different type of license activation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @PSSTech ,

I would look into the file ConnectInstancesToESTK.js.

It seems that something goes wrong with that. It is working with version 17 but not with version 18.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found this earlier - but didn't think it would be relevant:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/problem-with-launching-indesign-server-and-link-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But, if I remove that script from  running at all, I still get the same error (as I mentioned above), so that cannot be the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you've a problem with asio service / process - not installed / configured correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the asio service/process??  The only thing I cna find is an audio driver.  That should not have anything to dow ith InDesign Server..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines