I am creating a presentation in Indesign, with the intention of using the 'publish online' feature to share it. Several pages will include video with audio. Client has sent me several mp4 files. Some of these I can place without issue, and I have done a test run of the publish online and they work fine. With others, when I go to place them I get 'Download failed because the URL could not be verified'. I don't understand what the issue is – what's it go to do with a URL when I'm not trying to embed a YouTube/Vimeo video? I have tried googling the specific error message to no avail.
Any help would be greatly appeciated. I talked my client into using the publish online feature by promising them the video would work, and now I can't get it to work!
What is the message?
The error message is:
Download failed because the URL could not be verified
As I say, I don't really understand how this relates to what I'm doing, as I have the mp4 saved locally?
Ahhh have you managed to work it out?I'm getting the same =/
Unfortunately no... in the end I gave up and embedded the vids from YouTube – client was happy. but I didn't solve the original issue, and obviously no one's offered anything on here. If you get anywhere feel free to share, as I would like to know how to fix it!
yea it's strange, it's been working fine until today and for some reason a couple of videos are not working even though they're been saved the same way as all others. Glad your client was happy with a workaround, I'll share if I work anything out.
Ok thanks – for me it was the first time trying to create a doc like this, so I hadn't encountered the problem previously. Weird thing is that some of the video files I have did work fine, and I didn't get the error message. But I had no way to tell if there was anything different about those files.
Hey, I worked out what the problem was in my case - the folder where the file was had a question mark in it. Worked it out by trying to sync the files to the cloud- file/folder names with '?', '/' and '|' and few other punctuation marks don't allow to sync, and, I assume, that creates broken URL links... Hope that helps you too!
Glad you figured it out! Not sure that will solve it for me, as all my videos are in the same location, some work and some don't – and the folder they are in doesn't have any punctuation. However some of the file names are quite long, so maybe I'll try amending theose and see if it helps. Thanks for the update!
Not having problems here, placing mulitple vid files from different locations. Let us know if your issue gets resolved, Matt.
the answer for me was removing question marks from the file names
Yes – I had # chracters in my file names, took these out and it cleared up the issue!