• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

export endnotes

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to export an Indesign doc back to Word. I can't seem to export with the endnotes intact. Is it possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

FWIW: Em Software, the makers of Wordsflow currently working at a version that will support endnotes with InDesign CC 2018. See here:

Re: endnote unable to update using wordflow plugin

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Endnotes cannot be round-tripped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any workaround? I don't know what to do? I need that text, with the endnotes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's n odd omission...

Convert endnotes to footnotes, export to RTF, convert footnotes to endnotes in Word.

I know – there is no "convert endnotes to footnotes" command either, but I think this has been asked before and there should be a script somewhere in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you set them as two-way linked endnotes, export to epub/html and somehow bring them back in? Just throwing an idea out there with very little knowledge of any steps past exporting from ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve,

All are waiting for the update feature on the Endnotes round-tripped options.

Most of the time we received the files from client in both format of the footnotes and endnotes so footnotes no issues while exporting the RTF file and import into InDesign.

But the Endnotes there is issue while export the RTF the end note text comes out the normal text there is no linking withe citations. And the client requirement the end notes should the be linked into the RTF.

Is there any udpates done in the Adobe InDesign 2024 version. Or yet to develop this request.

Also please suggest anyother options to get rid this request.

Export the InDesign to RTF the endnotes should be linked in RTF file, while click the endnotes citaion it is go the refecence text in the word document.

Please anyone suggest your valuable ideas or tricks.

Thanks,
Sundar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter Kahrel's Endnotes to Footnotes script: Dynamic endnotes, column notes, margin notes | Peter Kahrel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter Kahrel's script is for footnote to endnote, not endnote to footnote, so that idea won't work.

anything else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm, thank you for this. But I don't know how to create a .js or .jsx from the code presented in that link....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click on the link and choose Save Linked File As (the link has instructions)...that'll save a .jsx file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please put in a feature request so the Adobe engineers will see it:
Adobe InDesign Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lmronanonan  wrote

I need to export an Indesign doc back to Word. I can't seem to export with the endnotes intact. Is it possible?

No. At least if you have endnotes in tables you have a big problem, that is not and cannot be tackled by scripts that work with the conversion from endnotes to footnotes. And if you have a mix of footnotes and endnotes there is hardly a chance…

Even WordsFlow will not support endnotes for now:

Release: WordsFlow 2.10.1 for InDesign CS5–CC2018 » Em Software

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks all, this is taking me too long to figure out.... I am sending my doc off to India to have it relinked.

I was SO happy to see the new endnote feature! But it's not working very well, bunches of my notes where dropped and now this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW: Em Software, the makers of Wordsflow currently working at a version that will support endnotes with InDesign CC 2018. See here:

Re: endnote unable to update using wordflow plugin

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines